Search this Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ENJOY SEEING FINEST LEAF ART

Awesome Leaf Art
Lorenzo Duran Silva, 43, was inspired to create the delicate pieces after watching a caterpillar make holes in a leaf by eating it
Mr Silva, from Guadalajara, near Madrid, washes, dries and presses the leaves before sketching out
complicated patterns to apply to each one.



























Mr Silva, a father-of-one from Guadalajara, near Madrid, said:
'I was inspired by a caterpillar and how it was eating a leaf and I thought,
"What if I try to cut out drawings on a leaf?".
 
'Afterwards I studied different techniques for cutting paper which helped me to develop my current work.
 
'I start by picking the leaves, washing, drying, pressing and cutting - and while they are in the press,
I sketch out the drawing, which I attach to the leaf before starting to cut it.
 
'At the end, I peel it off which is the hardest part and the most delicate of all because the leaf is fragile
and days of work can be ruined in just moments.
 
'I have been using this technique for more than four years so I have made and sold many pieces,
but I have managed to preserve my first one in a frame.'
 
Mr Silva's art work ranges in price depending on the species of leaf and the complexity of the design,
but they have fetched up to £2,400 in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note :

Most of the contents are published here were collected through email and Internet. I bear no responsibility for these contents.