Search this Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Stunning pictures from the National Geographic Photography Contest 2012


Zachary Bako: 'Fighting the wind before a storm on Tonle Sap Great Lake in Cambodia. July 11, 2012.'


Bill Tang: 'Joshua Tree National Park may not have the fame like some other more famous national parks, but it is a great place to escape from the city lights to catch some spectacular views of the Milky Way.'


Scott Belt: 'This mother cheetah, with five cubs nearby, made it clear that her limits had been met (or exceeded).'




Ashley Vincent: 'The subject's name is Busaba, a well-cared for Indochinese Tigress whose home is at Khao Kheow Open Zoo, Thailand. I had taken many portraits of Busaba previously and it was becoming more and more difficult to come up with an image that appeared any different to the others, which is why I took to observing her more carefully during my visits in the hope of capturing some kind of a behavioural shot. The opportunity finally presented itself while watching Busaba enjoying her private pool then shaking herself dry. In all humility I have to say that Mother Nature smiled favourably on me that day!'


John Gaskell: 'These three Atlantic Spotted Dolphins were acting playfully for a few minutes, so I swam over to join in. When I got close, the dolphins came together as if they were going to discuss my presence. One of them seemed to say something, then they did a little dance and were on their way. Amazing animals, I felt very lucky to capture the moment.'


Mohd Nadly Aizat Mohd Nudri: 'I was on my 170km solo cycling trip around the West Coast of New Zealand and one of the destinations was this famous Lake Brunner. I reached this pier one foggy morning and I found this moment was like no other.'



James Cumming: 'I followed these two big bucks around the NCC Greenbelt in Kanata, Canada for an hour or so during the rutting season. They finally came out to an open field and started to play fight or so it seemed. No buck was injured and I was the only one really happy about the fight.'


Ondrej Zaruba: 'This small baby is about a few hours old.'


Ondrej Zaruba: 'Baby elephant seal relaxes on the beach.'


Money Sharma: "Govinda players gather together under Dahi Handi to make a human pyramid to try to catch and then break an earthen pot high in the air with the help of a rope, in order to win the set prizes. Janmashtami and Dahi Haandi was celebrated in Mumbai. Govindas (young men) form a human pyramid to reach the dahi handi and try to break it in a bid to win prizes."


Richard Davies: 'Taken on a Canon EOS 40D'


Robert Koen: 'Kids running at a Lion kill in the Kruger National Park - the lions had obviously cleared off by this stage.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note :

Most of the contents are published here were collected through email and Internet. I bear no responsibility for these contents.